Opened in July 2011, Waterworld’s Hydrotherapy pool is one of the facility’s key assets.
Funded through a partnership between the Hydrotherapy Pool Trust and Hamilton City Council, the Hydrotherapy pool is the only pool of its kind in Hamilton.
The pool’s warmer temperature – between 33 and 35 degrees – makes it ideal for customers who are rehabilitating from illness or injury, or who face challenges with their mobility and well-being.
Water set at a steady temperature of 33-35 degrees Celsius:
- Relieves pain
- Reduces anxiety
- Relaxes stiff muscles
- Helps damaged joints move better
- Strengthens muscles
- Improves blood flow
- Improves balance and co-ordination
Because of the comfort and relaxation hot water gives you, Hydrotherapy benefits a lot of different people, including children and babies.
Hydrotherapy pools are used by:
- Anyone over the age of 16
- Families with children who have disabilities
- Groups of special needs children
- Mothers/Parents ( Babies 6Mths to 1 Yr, Ratio 1:1
- Pregnant women
- People of all ages with a range of long-term disabilities
- Groups of adults doing a variety of exercise programmes
- Sports people regaining fitness after injury
- People rehabilitating after accidents
- Individuals recovering from joint surgery
- Older citizens enjoying the warm water
- Physiotherapists and personal trainers working with their clients
Our team provides a range of classes to customers using the Hydrotherapy pool, and it can be booked for specific activities. The Hydrotherapy pool area also includes changing rooms for disabled customers.